Following a successful lead generation campaign, the BU Short Routes and Passenger Campaign Team saw an opportunity to utilise the expertise of the external agency used, GUC, to create an interactive digital experience for customers that results in them receiving personalised added value offers to book with DFDS.
Ferry Important Passenger (F.I.P.) engages with customers in a fun and dynamic way whereby the customer takes a quick quiz to build a profile of who they are, to find the right offer, just for them.
The project was kicked off by Stephen House, Senior Campaign Manager UK and Celest Jansen, Head of Campaigns to meet the following objectives in collaboration with Steve Newbery, Onboard Commercial Director:
• Create a fun and engaging way to showcase and target our Added Value range to relevant customer groups
• To collect data on our customers preferences and increase sign ups to our DFDS database
• To provide additional volume and interest in our Eastern Channel and Newcastle – Amsterdam routes for late peak summer bookings
• Generate an experience that is competitively difficult to copy in a key booking period
• To create social interest and activity through an entertaining DFDS digital experience
Stephen House says: “It has taken a lot of good work to roll out the tool for the first time across the UK and Continental markets, but now the leg work has been done the tool can continually be adapted across any market or route. Huge thanks go to Aimee Parnham – UK Campaign Manager, Wesley Muller – Content and Design Specialist, Joyce Dijkhuizen – Continent Campaign Manager and Sandra Nota – Customer Dialogue Manager for their dedication on this project”.
Aimee Parnham, Campaign Manager UK, says: “F.I.P. aims to make customers feel extra special by tailoring an offer just for them, based around their own interests and lifestyle choices. This is a truly exciting tool that can be used time and again with different products, that provides us with a unique way of getting targeted customer propositions out to market. Thanks also goes to Captain Andreas Kristensen of King Seaways for being the face of the campaign.”
This digital experience is fully responsive and has been designed to work across desktop, tablet and mobile. *
Why not try it out for yourself?
* The tool is not supported on the discontinued Internet Explorer which accounts for < 1% of traffic.
July 18, 2019